This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Monday, January 7, 2008

Note from Crystal -The Best/Lo Mejor

At times, we think that we have to do a ton of great things and we have to be very involved in all of the programs and things at church if we want to be good Christians. There is nothing wrong with these things, but we can fill our schedule with such things and forget our time with God. I am learning this lesson right now in my life. At times, I tend to think that if I am not very busy in the ministry (in other words-programs, teaching, in charge of things, etc.) I am not doing what I should. It is a struggle to know what we should do. For a long time, I have tried to do a lot and I feel like I am failing if I don't do very much. But God is showing me that my relationship with Him is more important than a "ministry." When I do too much, I don't have time for God like I need to have. I can't give, I can't teach, and I can't help anyone if my relationship with God is not growing. At times we think more in the programs and events than in the God of the programs and events. God has me on this earth to glorify Him. I can work in the ministry 24/7 and not glorify Him because I am not building my relationship with Him. I have to learn to say "no" to some things so that I can make sure of my time with God. I have to choose not only good, but the best.

A veces, pensamos que tenemos que hacer bastante cosas buenas, y tenemos que estar muy involucrados en todos los programas de la iglesia si queremos ser buenos creyentes. No hay nada mal en esas cosas en si mismas, pero podemos llenar nuestra agenda con cosas asi, y olvidamos nuestro tiempo con Dios. Estoy aprendiendo esta leccion ahora en mi vida. A veces, yo tiendo a pensar que si no estoy muy ocupada en el ministerio (o sea, programas, ensenando, encargada de cosas, etc.) no estoy haciendo lo que debo. Es una lucha conocer cuanto debemos hacer. Por mucho tiempo, he tratado de hacer mucho, y siento como que estoy fallando si no hago mucho. Pero Dios esta mostrandome que mi relacion con El es mas importante que un "ministerio." Cuando hago desmasiado, no tengo tiempo con Dios como necesito. No puedo dar, no puedo ensenar, y no puedo ayudar a nadie si mi relacion con Dios no esta creciendo. A veces pensamos mas en los programas que en el Dios de los programas. Dios me tiene en este mundo para alabarle. Yo puedo trabajar en el ministerio 24/7 y no le alabo porque estoy construyendo mi relacion con El. Yo tengo que aprender como decir "no" a algunas cosas, para que pueda asegurarme mi tiempo con Dios. Tengo que escoger no solamente lo bueno, sino lo mejor.

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)