This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Running Partners, Part 2

During the past two runs I listened to a theological debate on eschatology. I really enjoyed it, although the second hour got pretty heated. I may be different, but I really enjoy listening to theological debates where people get spirited. Disagreements are not intrinsically wrong - they are necessary! How is one ever supposed to grow unless they are challenged on their beliefs? If they are right, they will learn how to defend that. If they are wrong, they will hopefully learn where to change. At the end the participants were honest about their love for the truth and their love for each other, which was very encouraging.
This is not only true for eschatology, but for every area of our life. We must be willing to challenge others and be challenged by others.

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)