This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Home

What is your home communicating? What message does it send out about what God is like? Does it manifest His love, His grace, His beauty, and His order? Does it point people to the gospel? Does it help them see their need for a Savior and make them thirsty for Christ?...we can make homes out of wherever God has placed us, that minister grace and the gospel and the likeness of Christ to those around us...That climate is affected by our attitudes, by the activities that take place in our homes and by the general atmosphere of our homes. A climate conducive to nurturing life would be a climate of order, peace, grace, unconditional love, kindness, truth, a home where we experience the reality and the presence of Christ. Where we talk about Christ. Where we talk about His Word...What stifles life?What kills life in our homes? It’s a climate of:
criticism
perfectionism
anger
selfishness
pride
contention,
performance-based love
If that kind of climate is in your home, ask yourself, how am I contributing to that environment? Am I doing something to make the climate of our home that way with my behavior, my spirit, my actions, or my reactions?"
I read this in one of Nancy Leigh DeMoss' radio programs, and I thought it was such a great reminder. No matter where we are in life, what season or the size of our home, we are called to be hospitable to others, not only sharing food but also sharing Christ!
I Peter 4:9-10

Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace. (ESV)

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)