This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The 25 Funniest Analogies (Collected by High School English Teachers)


I came across this post the other day while reading through my blog reader. Pretty funny! It is worth reading through.


Some of my favorites include:
- The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
 Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.
He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)