I have been cleaning in my office at church and at home (at the encouragement of my beloved wife who is much farther along in organization and simplicity that I am) and I have come across some interesting things. Amid the piles of old papers, funny photos, and various stationary products I have found some helpful notes. One of those is a handout of the core values of Liberty Baptist Church.
It states: The vision of Liberty Baptist Church is to impact the southwest suburban area with the message of Jesus Christ.
1. The glory of God is our supreme objective (1 Cor. 10:31)
2. The truth of God's Word is the non-negotiable authority for belief and lifestyle (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
3. People matter to God and to us (John 3:16; Luke 15)
4. The gospel has power to generate radical transformation in the life of any sinner (2 Cor. 5:17)
5. The goal of our ministry is to develop fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19-20; Col. 1:28)
6. Evangelism and ministry must be conducted in a way that is relevant to people in our sphere of influence (1 Cor. 9:19-23)
7. We must exercise kindness in our relationship (1 Pet. 3:15)
8. We should provide a caring community that nurtures new believers (Rom. 12:10-13)
9. Every believer has a God-given ministry (Eph. 4:11-16)
10. Liberty Baptist Church must have an evangelistic impact on our community (Luke 5:17-26)
We are privileged to be part of a community of believers which strives to understand and obey God's Word through a transformational relationship with His Son.