This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Myth of the Garage by Dan and Chip Heath


The Myth of the Garage: and other Minor Surprises
by Dan and Chip Heath

Point: Life and business are not exactly like what we have been lead to believe.

Path: In this collection of essays, the Heath brothers give the reader a fistful of brain food. Ranging from business sense to marketing manipulation, these short chapters are enlightening and easy to read.
Some are opinionated (as they warn in the Note to Readers) and others are application based.

Sources: Business sense, research, and a good sense of sarcasm combine to make this enjoyable reading.

Agreement: I appreciated their short essays and accessible topics. Although I can’t say that I am competent to evaluate all their business and marketing applications, I enjoyed reading them.

Personal App: Don’t believe every myth about the garage. Chances are you will have to work hard, save your nickels, and keep trying after failure in order to make an impact - just like everyone else.

Favorite Quote: “You are, it seems, what you blow a lot of money on.”

Stars: 4 out of 5

It would be worth another read and I would recommend it.

If this review was helpful, let me know here

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)