This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Monday, October 19, 2009

Running Partners

As I have been running, and for extended periods of time, I have been listening to the New Testament. It is interesting to have Matthew, Mark, John and Luke speaking to me as I plod along. I am listening to the NIV Dramatized Bible which makes it very interesting, not like the monotone single reader which other sets have. It is a great resource to have! As I am running I am able to listen to large portions of Scripture, allowing me to get a wider view than simply reading a paragraph or chapter at a time. I also have been challenged as I hear the interaction which I often skim over as I read. To hear a group of Pharisees denounce Jesus, or an angry crowd threaten Paul brings out the life which I often miss as I read through the passage hastily.
The only problem is when I am running through the woods and the sounds of an earthquake hit. That scares me.

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)