This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Everyone Admires Jesus

"Indeed, there are many people who are critical of the church yet who,
at the same time, retain a sneaking admiration for Jesus. In fact, I
have never yet met anybody, nor do I expect to, who does not have a
high regard for Jesus Christ. Jesus appeals to twenty-first-century
people like us. He was a fearless critic of the establishment. He
championed the cause of the poor and needy. He made friends with the
dropouts of society. He had compassion on the very people whom others
despised and rejected. And although he was fiercely and unjustly
attacked, he never retaliated. He told his disciples that they must
lover their enemies, and he practiced what he preached. There is a
great deal about Jesus to admire." (Stott, Why I am a Christian, 35)

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)