This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Biblical Change

Biblical Change
Ephesians 4:22-24 & James 1:21-25
God's Part...
  1. God eliminated the authority of the flesh in the life of believers.
    1. Romans 6:6 - We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.
    2. Romans 6:14 - For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. 
  2. God illuminates the Word of God in the mind of believers.
    1. 1 Cor. 2:12 - Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
    2. 1 John 2:27 - But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything—and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you—abide in him. 
  3. God instills the fruit of the spirit in the life of believers.
    1. Gal. 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Our Part...
  1. We need to mortify the flesh
    1. Romans 8:13 - For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
    2. Col. 3:5 - Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
  2. We need to meditate on God's Word
    1. Ps. 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.
    2. Ps. 119:9-11 - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. 10 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! 11 I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
  3. We need to manifest Christ's likeness.
    1. Ephesians 5:1 - Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
    2. 1 Peter 1:15-16 - but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy.

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)