This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Monday, May 10, 2010

Crystal's Senior Testimony- Part II

Challenges: There have been challenges that have come along with the studies as well. A lot of those have to do with the fact that we really do not have more than 24 hours in a day and sometimes it seems as if you need much more than that. Juggling responsibilities has been a challenge. Most of all, God has challenged me on the way I look at challenges. I am learning to really see them as blessing from Him as it says in James 1 and Romans 8, in order that I may become more like Christ.
The biggest challenges throughout the last two years came from within me. I have struggled with wanting to give up when it is hard. I have struggled with why others can have big, beautiful homes and that will probably never be a reality in our life. I have struggled with why we need to spend so much money on education when we could lead an "easier" life and buy things for fun. God has challenged me greatly in these areas, helping me see beyond the earthly treasures to the thought of eternal treasures.
The great thing about coming to Central is that while I was preparing to help others, God has been molding me personally as well.



No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)