This Blog has moved!

Please go to www.scquest.org

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Bakken Museum

The other day, Seth and I were able to go to a mansion here in the cities (using the great library passes that Hennepin county libraries allow people to check out).
Not only was the mansion itself a treat to observe (I really enjoy old houses and architecture), but the mansion is actually "a one-of-a-kind museum exploring the mysteries of our electrical world." (See their website: www.thebakken.org.)
A word of caution, you may be shocked. Literally. The museum sports many interactive displays in which the visitor may touch and explore in order to learn about electricity.
I am quite positive that something similar to one of Benjamin Franklin's inventions shocked me all the way to my elbows when I touched it. I really wanted to get my hair to stand on end from static, but that sort of put a damper on my efforts.
The museum also offers the opportunity to watch a display (about twelve minutes long) on the book "Frankenstein." While I decided that I probably would never read the book, it was interesting to see how they used lighting to tell the story. This could be somewhat spooky for little kids, but interesting nevertheless.

I would say that this little museum was worth a visit and I would enjoy going back again someday!

No comments:

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. (Philippians 3:8)